CFP Performing History / NCA November 21-24, 2013
full name / name of organization:
NCA / National Communication Association
We are seeking papers that explore the relationship between performance, performativity, and history (broadly conceived) for submission to the Performance Studies Division of the National Communication Association.
Paper topics might include, but are by no means limited to:
– Affect and Historiography
– Performative Economies of Time, Temporality, and Futurity
– Race, Gender, Sexuality, Class, and Historical Embodiments
– Performative Writing as Historical Method
– Trauma, Witnessing, and Cultural Memory
– Performance and (New) Historicism
– Philosophical Engagements with Memory (Freud, Nietzsche, Bergson, etc.)
– Remembering Across Bodies and Borders (Spatial, Temporal, Geopolitical, etc.)
If interested, please email questions or abstracts (75 words) to Evan Litwack (email@example.com) or Bryanne Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 15, 2013.